Industry, creativity, inspiration, and interesting stuff...from your favorite AIGA UPSTNY SPARK Co-Coordinator & Mentor
There seems to be somewhat a pair of themes this time around for the mentoring notes— Love & Money. Take this as you will.
- WMC Fest Kick-off Podcast — Weapons of Mass Creation Fest is going in to its 4th year, I went last year and had a great experience there and in Cleveland. Loved all the speakers, the bands, the neighborhood, and probably spent too much in the gallery on screen prints! If you love design, music, and awesomeness all for a very fair ticket price, this festival is for you. If you watch the video on the site's landing page closely, you can catch a glimpse of me crossing the street in slow-mo around 0:23-0:27
- Two Hand Fools — Been really digging this band, especially the split with Ridgemont, which, coincidentally is available for streaming or free download here
- Chrome & Poppies Etsy Treasury — getting inspired for my dining room's transition.
- Type & Lettering, Oh My! pinboard — this stuff honestly makes me drool.
- Pantone Queen.
- Frank Chimero's Advice to Design Students — to be honest, I think this can apply further than just students, too, although they're the focus of it.
- Why Would You Ever Give Money Through Kickstarter? I did. And now there's going to be a Veronica Mars movie!
- Amanda Palmer on Crowdfunding.
- Rate Increases
- Graphic Design Resume Tips
- Secrets to Success: Running a Business is not for the faint of heart
- Never read an email Twice —the OHIO method of inbox zen
- Don't use Dumb Quotes — Quotes and Accents, a very useful resource by the always lovely Jessica Hische
- The Future of Responsive Typography
- Rich Blocks, Poor Blocks — City map overlays separated by income or rent levels. Really interesting as well as telling.
- Digital Detox — we all could probably use this.