In keeping with some of my #100resolutions from earlier this year, I've decided to join up on this No Spend March... presented by Mallory (From California to Kansas) and Jess (Tooth N Nails) .
My rules are as follows:
- Credit Card is for Gas, Groceries, and other essentials
- No online shopping (time to ignore all of the 'daily deal' emails I get)
- Groceries are strictly by list (with planned meals), with one <$5 "treat" item
- Regulated cash allowance weekly for incidentals (convenience items, beers, door cover for dances or shows, etc.)
- Use the giftcards! But don't go more than 25% over their value
- Two meals out per week tops (this will probably be a weekend brunch & a dinner)
- NO clothing or makeup (unless something is broken/ran out and needs replacement)
- <$20 of chews/treats for puppy on pet store visits, and hold off on new toys until April (she chews a lot, and I'd rather her be chomping on an elk antler or bully stick rather than the coffee table, so there needs to be some allowance here)
- Sleep on it for at least one night for any larger purchases that might need to happen
- Redirect my impulses (OMG let's order pizza >>> at home pasta night. and so on.)
This is my birthday month, so it might be a bit tough in some regards to not #treatyoself , but hopefully any of that treating I can take care of with giftcards and groupons that I already have. Obviously there might be an exception or two in there
Want to join in? Or just offer some support for this? Head on over to Mallory & Jess's blogs and chime in in the comments!
I'm thinking of posting updates of #Nospend/#badspend incidents throughout the month. Large list update? Spend-shaming photos? Love to hear your thoughts and have you join in on this #NoSpendMarch!