Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Cara Box

Cara Box

I stumbled upon the Cara Box exchange last month and thought it'd be something fun to try myself. I love sending and receiving things in the mail, and this gave me some structure to do so. The way these work is you sign up, then are paired off with two other blogger ladies--one which you send a box to, and one that will send you a box! There's a $ limit, and a timeframe to work with, and you of course have the other's blog and email address to get some ideas for what to fill the box with. One main aspect of the Cara Box is that you include a letter of encouragement to the woman receiving. This made such a difference in the sending and receiving, it made it so much more personal. There's also a theme --this month's was resolutions. I'm not sure how closely I stuck to the theme for the box I sent out, but I think it worked out.

My match that I assembled a Cara Box for was Jasmyne of A Fisher's Wife. You can see her post about what I sent her here. I had fun finding different sorts of goodies for her as well as being able to add my personal touch with adding notes and ideas into one of the items, as well as making her something myself!

Now, for my Cara Box's reveal! I was paired with Joni from Blended with Love.


So thoughtful! The organizer is for my resolution/goal to keep my life more organized this year; the coasters and wine stopper are to support my entertaining endeavors, mainly through my side project, ATE Rochester. And, if you know me at all, you know I can never have enough blank notecards around! I love sending messages in the mail, and with such a pretty pattern I'm sure I'll get through these quite quickly! Then, of course the spatula is to support my baking habit (also resolved to bake more bread... which I've modified to just more baking...things!), and sweet smelling candle to round it all out. Thanks SO much, Joni! The Cara Box exchange was a great experience, and now that I've got one under my belt, I'm thinking I'll participate in future exchanges as well!

Make sure to check out ALL of the January Cara Box exchanges, posted through Wifessionals.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...