Industry, creativity, inspiration, and interesting stuff...from your favorite AIGA UPSTNY SPARK Co-Coordinator & Mentor
- I'd like to buy you coffee. (Interview with Robb Hohmann regarding passions, photography, success, and quitting your day job). I was fortunate to befriend Robb working with him at Nerd Camp some summers ago. Welcome to the dark side.
- Let's Make Mistakes 80: You only need to win a job once
- Gorgeous handcrafted lettering work by Wayne Brezinka that also happens to be featured in the new Steven Heller book
- Deer Sweetheart print from Stephanie Buscema
- Beautiful film/video about being alone, not lonely
- 1975 Gallery owner Erich Lehman's TEDxRochester talk : Defining Moments
- Especially love the end of this talk where Kate Bingaman Burt is asking you to define the five things that really 'do it' for you at present, the 5 things that are why you work how you work. Something nice to strive for, define what these 5 things are for you at any given time. Also, where she's talking about her set of parameters/rule structure that yields creation.
Be thoughtfully looking, and thoughtfully making. Rather than lazy looking, accidentally making boring work.
From Weapons of Mass Creation Fest III in Cleveland, OH
- Blog post about keeping/getting your digital photo files organized and accessible from a former boss of mine
- Pinterest & Retail fail
- Frank Chimero's new portfolio site
- MelamedRiley Grad School conference gone Webinar series. Also now, FREE!
- MailChimp 2012 Annual Report
- Have you been to the Two Paperdolls shop? Great letterpress prints and apparel, utilizing fun typography and illustrations throughout.
- More etsy lovin' via pinboard, I'll be adding things constantly.